Non-Governmental Organization "TRIZ Developers Summit"
+7 (812) 449-8984
Regulations on Information-and-Analytical System
of TRIZ Developers’ Summit “TDS-rating”
Accepted at the session of the Coordination Council for the “TDS-rating” project on February 16, 2014
1. General Provisions
M.S.Rubin and V.M.Petrov were appointed to the management of “TDS-rating” project based on the initiative of the TRIZ Developers’ Summit and in compliance with a decision of Non-Governmental Organization “TRIZ Developers’ Summit”. They will appoint Coordination Council for the project, create a working group for the project and take decisions on all other project management issues that fall outside the competence of Coordination Council for the “TDS-rating” project.
A data base on TRIZ publications from various sources forms the basis for Information-and-Analytical System “TDS-rating” – namely, publications of professional conferences on TRIZ, publications from web sites and journals on TRIZ or related areas of science. For instance:
- professional conferences devoted to TRIZ and areas of science related to TRIZ (innovation designing, psychology of creativity, personality development, etc.);
- TRIZ web sites and professional journals;
- other sources selected by Coordination Council for the project.
This project is a non-commercial project and the participation in it is organized on the volunteer basis, as well as the implementation of it. Project results are absolutely open for the public and will be disseminated without restrictions.
2. Coordination Council for the “TDS-rating” project
2.1. Coordination Council includes 5-7 members (TRIZ Masters and TRIZ Experts of the 4th level). All members are appointed to the Coordination Council by project managers. Project managers can become members of the Coordination Council.
2.2. A session of the Coordination Council is considered to be valid if no less than three members of the Coordination Council are present at the session. All decisions are taken by simple majority of votes of members who took part in the voting procedure.
2.3. The Coordination Council approves the present Regulations, determines the rules and procedure for forming the Information-and-Analytical System of TRIZ Developers’ Summit “TDS-rating”, methods for rating calculation, reviewers and other issues related to “TDS-rating” project development determined by project managers.
3. Main goals and tasks of the project
The necessity of creating the Information-and-Analytical System “TDS-rating” is associated with the fact that currently not all materials are available for TRIZ community. For instance, many interesting publications are not translated into English, due to which these publications are unavailable for TRIZ developers and users from many countries. Participants of one TRIZ conferences are unaware of articles and papers presented at another conference on TRIZ. This situation hinders development of TRIZ as a science.
The necessity of working out a rating of publications on TRIZ is also determined by the fact that citation indices generally accepted in scientific world are not too efficient when applied to TRIZ. There are several reasons responsible for that:
- TRIZ is a relatively young and still developing science; therefore, the number of publications is not too large;
- TRIZ has not yet entered the domain of academic science; there are practically no publications on TRIZ in official academic published sources and there are practically no professional TRIZ experts in the official scientific world.
The developers of the “TDS-rating” system set the following goals:
· To make information about existing scientific research publications on TRIZ more available;
· To make orientation in TRIZ publications (both in terms of subject matter of publications and their quality) easier for TRIZ developers and users;
· To develop a system enabling to determine rating of conferences and publications from the standpoint of TRIZ development as a science;
· To identify the most significant publications on TRIZ;
· To identify trends in the development of TRIZ publications and TRIZ conferences;
· To prepare a basis for working out a data base and rating for TRIZ-related published materials.
The most outstanding and interesting publications will be emphasized in annual reports of the “TDS-rating” system, translated into English and other languages and published on TRIZ web sites.
4. Organization of work for creating and developing the information-and-analytical system “TDS-rating”
4.1. A preliminary list (Table) of possible sources of TRIZ-related publications is compiled for the purpose of preliminary study of such sources. The said Table will list source name, its address, year of publication, approximate number of articles on TRIZ, name of a person who proposed to include specific source in the Table.
4.2. The Coordination Council will choose those sources out of the said list (Table) of preliminary sources that will be subjected to analysis and entered in the database of the “TDS-rating” system.
4.3. The database will contain information not only about publications on TRIZ, but also on references to published sources present in these publications.
4.4. Information about publication on TRIZ (or area of science related to TRIZ), abstract, keywords, subject matter of a publication, and expert opinion made by independent reviewers who are TRIZ experts.
4.5. Ratings of publications (TDS-R-Pub), ratings of conferences (TDS-R-Conf) and other ratings will be calculated on the basis of these data according to calculation methods approved by the Coordination Council.
4.6. Other generalized information regarding TRIZ-related publications and other kinds of visual representation of this information convenient for perception can be derived based on “TDS-rating” database.